The Department of Psychology offers a bachelor of arts degree in general psychology. The curriculum provides a sound foundation in the principles of behavior, which will allow students to apply their knowledge of psychology in post-graduate occupations and graduate study. Advanced students are encouraged to undertake some form of independent learning experience through seminar courses, collaborative research, and internships.
Psychology graduates possess skills applicable to many careers in business, human services, and government. Graduate training in psychology broadens their opportunities, particularly in areas of mental health, education, industrial planning, and research.
News and Announcements
- Dr. O’Keeffe, Chair of the Department of Psychology, traveled to Israel after being selected for a competitive academic fellowship which was sponsored by the Jewish National Fund and Media Watch International.
- Dr. Mendoza and Marissa DiMaria ’18 recently published an article in Sex Roles.
- For the first time, the New England Psychological Association’s annual conference will feature the Ted Bosack Keynote Address in honor of PC’s Professor Emeritus of Psychology Ted Bosack.
- Dr. Mendoza’s research was highlighted in the Pacific Standard.
- Dr. O’Keeffe shared her expertise on resilience on the Providence College Podcast and in an interview about the Riccobono Academic Resilience Faculty Fellowship Program.
- We’re Home: Dedication of the Lucille and Leo Caiafa, Jr. Center for Psychological Sciences.
- Dr. Caple discusses the Psychology of Anti-Vaccination and countering coronavirus misinformation.
- Hear Dr. Guilmette discuss the uniform performance test score labeling system that he and a team of experts in clinical and forensic neuropsychological and psychological assessments created (and check out their statement).
In Other News
- Deadline to declare psychology as your major and qualify for pre-registration is the mid-semester date.
- Congratulations and good luck to the 84 psychology majors in the class of 2019!