The Department of Psychology offers a bachelor of arts degree in general psychology. The curriculum provides a sound foundation in the principles of behavior, which will allow students to apply their knowledge of psychology in post-graduate occupations and graduate study. Advanced students are encouraged to undertake some form of independent learning experience through seminar courses, collaborative research, and internships.
Psychology graduates possess skills applicable to many careers in business, human services, and government. Graduate training in psychology broadens their opportunities, particularly in areas of mental health, education, industrial planning, and research.
News and Announcements
- Congratulations to Dr. Ted Bosack, Professor Emeritus of Psychology, who received a presidential citation from the Society for the Teaching of Psychology.
- Our very own Dr. Boucher’s research was featured in New York Magazine’s Science of Us blog.
- Read our latest edition of Analyze This.
- Check out our own Dr. Templer being quoted in this NPR article about memory in rats.
- Hot off the presses: Dr. Boucher’s newest publication on social anxiety and social surrogacy in college roommate relationships.
- Dr. Van Reet was showcased in the 2017 RI-INBRE summer newsletter. Check out page 7 to learn more about Kid Think.
- Dr. O’Keeffe, Chair of the Department of Psychology, traveled to Israel after being selected for a competitive academic fellowship which was sponsored by the Jewish National Fund and Media Watch International.
- Dr. Mendoza and Marissa DiMaria ’18 recently published an article in Sex Roles.
- For the first time, the New England Psychological Association’s annual conference will feature the Ted Bosack Keynote Address in honor of PC’s Professor Emeritus of Psychology Ted Bosack.
In Other News
- Deadline to declare psychology as your major and qualify for pre-registration is March 2nd, 2018.
- Spring 2018 pre-registration will be March 19th – April 9th.
- Congratulations and good luck to the 79 psychology majors in the class of 2018!