Site Home> Psi Chi: The International Honors Society in Psychology
Psi Chi: The International Honors Society in Psychology
Students are invited to become members of Psi Chi in the spring of their sophomore year, on the basis of the following requirements:
- Completion of at least 3 semesters of college coursework
- Completion of 9 credit hours of psychology coursework
- A major in psychology
- A 3.25 or better average in psychology courses
- A cumulative GPA of 3.25 or better
- A ranking in the top 35% of your class
- High standards of personal behavior
- An interview with Psi Chi officers
- Two-thirds affirmative vote of those present at a regular meeting of the chapter
Psi Chi Events
Psi Chi participates in a number of service events.
- Inside Scoop – Psi Chi hosts an old-fashioned ice cream social to discuss which courses to take next semester with other psychology students.
- Doom & Gloom with Dr. Bloom – Join Dr. Bloom for his annual Halloween fear lecture and movie!
- Providence College Psychology Conference – at the end of each semester, Psi Chi hosts a conference allowing all students who have conducted research during the semester to share their findings.
- Psychology Student Mentoring – All new psychology majors will be assigned an upperclassmen Psi Chi member as a student mentor. Mentors are available to help their mentees with any questions they may have regarding coursework, class registration, internships, etc.